March 09, 2011

UK Archives Discovery Forum 2011

Last week I attended the UK Archives Discovery Forum 2011, held at The National Archives. What can I say? The presentations were interesting and relevant, if not strictly to my current position then to how I'm thinking about archival work in general; and the atmosphere was friendly and welcoming. I caught up with friends and former colleagues, which is always a bonus at these events, even though it's kind of to be expected. My compliments to the organisers.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

I really enjoyed it as well. Like you I found the atmosphere friendly and welcoming and I feel I picked up a lot of useful points and tips for improving organisational use of social media - and it really made me think more deeply about what the goals of using social media in an organisation are or what we want them to be. Looking forward to seeing how UKAD develops and hopefully attending more events in the future!